libertas 8388 firmware

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Oct 29 15:53:24 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 18:53 +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I see that libertas has switched to using firmware from linux-firmware.
>
> The version number from usb8388_v9.bin seems to be: 9.34.3.p23
> The latest one available from OLPC and Fedora is 5.110.22.p23
>
> Do you have a changelog of any kind? A date of release would be interesting too.

April 11, 2008

It uses the v9 firmware API like the sd8688, and obviously does not have
the OLPC mesh capability.  Unfortunately Marvell does not publish
comprehensive changelogs even on their Extranet, so all I've got is the
changelog from the previous firmware release, which isn't very
enlightening :(

Dan