Libertas SDIO on TC7901 Arm

Tom Maughan tom at tmaughan.co.uk
Sun Mar 14 13:04:51 EDT 2010

A bit more progress.   The SDIO interrupts were not being
serviced.   Found a 'FIXME' line in sdio_irq.c, again something that
came from the board support package rather than
libertas.   Uncommented the line and now the libertas driver gets further.

It now gets to sending command 0x0022, CMD_802_11_DATA_RATE, then
bombs out with error 0x0002.

Some searching indicates this command is not supported by the marvell
firmware.   But that 8.73.7.p3 does support it.   However I can't
find this version.   Anyone got it?   The version in kernel firmware
archive is 8.70.8p1, which still bombs out with error 0x0002.   v9
bombs out in the same way.

More searching shows the libertas driver in 2.6.26 doesn't bomb out
when it gets this error.   However I'm using 2.6.24.

Looks like I might be stuck.   I can't change kernel version due to
the very specific mods needed to support the CPU.

--
  _______
|_     _|-----.--------.   tom[at]tmaughan[.]co[.]uk