Marvell W8686 chipset Blackfin problem

Ian Jeffray ian at jeffray.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 17:35:11 EDT 2010

On 13/07/2010 21:38, Jonathan dumaresq wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been working on a XG-182M from zcomax. I try to make this work on my
> BF537-stamp board. I have to use the SPI interface since on that board we
> don't have sdio. SO I have ordered the XG-182MSPI to work with.
>
> I have done the wiring like that
>
> BF537          88W8686 connection
> PF6 (GPIO interrupt) ->  SPI_SINT (pin 46)
> PF10 SPI_CS ->  SPI_SCS (pin 44)
> PF11 (SPI_MOSI) ->  SPI_SDI (pin 43)
> PF12 (SPI_MISO) ->  SPI_SDO (pin 45)
> PF13 (SPI_CLK) ->  SPI_CLK (pin 42)
>
> This is how I have wired my board to my dev kit.

[snip snip]

> Is there something wrong with my setup ?

I don't know about the XG-182MSPI ... does it have pullups?  I'd kind
of guess not.  You'll want pullups on all the SPI lines... especially
since you're also using SPI_MODE3.   10Ks to 3v3 should do nicely.

Your software configuration looks prettymuch exactly like what I'm
using here very successfully on a custom BF527 board.

Ian.