Libertas SDIO on TC7901 Arm

Andrey Yurovsky yurovsky at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:28:24 EST 2010

Hi Tom,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Tom Maughan <tom at tmaughan.co.uk> wrote:
> Searching this list has been very helpful as initially I couldn't even load
> the firmware.   The hotplug script and adding msleep(1) into the firmware

Where in if_spi.c are you adding the msleep(1) and why?

> firstly I'm stuck using kernel 2.6.24.2.   The BSP for the chip is built
> around that kernel and the supplied patch files are a mess.

For what it's worth, the Libertas SDIO driver worked quite well in
2.6.24 last time I used it and a diff between that and
wireless-testing shows very few changes (nothing that I'd consider
critical anyway).  There are a few minor fixes though.

> It repeats the 'wants 16 bytes' and 'wants 512 bytes' for a few pages.

Please turn on MMC debugging (CONFIG_MMC_DEBUG) and log what you see
from the MMC layer.  For example, this will show what it's setting the
block size too and how big of a buffer it's trying to transfer.  It
might be that your host controller driver isn't set up correctly for
certain sizes so it would be good to see what the MMC layer is trying
to do.

  -Andrey