Marvell 8385 datasheet

Cyril HAENEL chaenel at free.fr
Thu Apr 1 16:49:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

Anyone know where I can found the marvell 8385 chip datasheet ? I know
it exists a command to enter the chip in standby mode, to have a very
low current consumption.
I want to modify the libertas driver to send this command to the chip
during the driver unloading.

The goal is to save power on my board. Actually I power off the pcmcia
socket but on my board I have not implemented buffers between the bus
and the wifi card, and not implemented the ability to physically cut the
power line of the wifi card.
Actually after I powered off the pcmcia socket (to properly unload the
cs libertas driver), I force the wifi card reset line and it enters a
relatively low consumption : 40mA.

But now I want to do more and send the standby command during libertas
driver unloading. Whis this command, I know that the wifi card should
consume 5mA only...

Regards,
Cyril HAENEL

--