Libertas driver performance on Samsung platform

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Sun Nov 22 17:46:51 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 09:39 -0800, Ravi Mahadevappa wrote:
> Hi Dan, Jacky,
>
> We are facing the same problem. Could you please elaborate a bit on
> this issue.
> What is the firmware version and the driver version I should use?

Latest driver from 2.6.31, which should also be pretty trivial to
backport to older kernels as well, since it doesn't change too much.
Either firmware v9 or firmware v8 can be used.  There is firmware
available here:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git;a=tree;f=libertas;h=c9d61b10b750ccbfb8a6f26d8a762f4ca95df0e7;hb=HEAD

please use git to clone that repository to grab the firmware, since
trying to download the blob from gitweb over HTTP itself will likely
mess up the file.

> Where do I look to verify that the interrupt support is enabled?

In your SD host controller code.  You can also enable MMC/SD stack
debugging in your kernel config and get a lot more output about what's
going on.

Dan