Firmware loads twice.

Colin Bates colin.bates at gmx.co.uk
Wed Nov 4 18:25:18 EST 2009

Hi,

I am using Angstrom on a Zaurus. When I plug in my CF wifi card the libertas
and libertas_cs modules load and /lib/udev/firmware.sh is called.

The problem is that the firmware.sh script is called twice to load the
libertas_helper.fw file.

I have tried chasing through the Kernel with printk's to find why this is.
From what I can see everything is correct until the netlink_broadcast
function. After that I get a bit lost as to how udev calls the firmware.sh.

The SEQNUM is that same for both calls to firmware.sh. From what I can see
this means that all is correct from libertas_cs through to the
netlink_broadcast call in kobject_uevent.c.

The second firmware.sh call does not start until the script has returned from
the first call.

With some hacking to make the firmware.sh ignore the second call I can make
the things work and the eth0 interface appears.

Any help as to what is going would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Colin