[RFC/PATCH] net/libertas: remove GPIO-CS handling in SPI interface code

Sebastian Andrzej Siewior bigeasy at linutronix.de
Tue Jun 2 15:18:36 EDT 2009

* Andrey Yurovsky | 2009-06-02 11:28:39 [-0700]:

>It's working for me with dummy_writes disabled (that is, we use a
>fixed delay when reading) but it's not working with dummy_writes
>enabled (we clock dummy bytes when reading).
>
>Mike and Sebastian -- have you tested with both dummy_writes enabled
>and disabled?  If not, which option did you choose?  Ideally, we will
>have both working or, if we get rid of one, it should be
>dummy_writes=0 (I'd prefer that we clock in dummy bytes rather than
>specifying a fixed delay).

I've tested it just with the delay. I can't test the dummy clocks just
yet. If it is not working with dummy clocks than I guess that I do not
sent enough packets or you chip select goes down.
Once my HW is fixed I look into and let you know.

>  -Andrey

Sebastian