How-to use the sdio driver?

Lars Holowko Lars.Holowko at lantronix.com
Mon Jul 13 12:59:55 EDT 2009

>> Thanks Dan,
>>
>> For the hint concerning debug and the MMC bus. I don't see anything
>> happening there with my wifi card.
>>
>> One source of the problem could be that the MMC slot seems to get
>> scanned only at boot up. It only recognizes a SD card when it is
>> already plugged in when the kernel gets booted but not if I plug it
in later.

>> By that time the libertas module is not loaded yet. But when I
>> configure libertas_sdio to be linked statically, I don't see any
>> difference either...
>
> Which WiFi card are you using?
> Probably the WiFi card was not properly detected by your SDIO
controller.
> Make sure the configuration of your GPIO pin for card detection is
right.
> BTW, have you tried pre-plug in the WiFi card before power up the
board?

I am using a Marvell 88W8686 development board. It has a SD-card style
connector so I would assume that I won't have to modify any additional
GPIOs because it would use the same GPIOs as a SD-card in the same slot,
right? Pre-plugging the WiFi card does not work (no output other then
that the libertas driver was registered) - as opposed to the SD-card.

>> I also added a couple of printks in
>> drives/mmc/core/sdio_bus.c:sdio_bus_event and
>> drives/mmc/core/sdio_bus.c:sdio_bus_probe but they never seem to get
>> called either - neither with the SD card nor the wireless board. Do
>> you know who is supposed to call those probe functions?

> sdio_bus_probe will be called by MMC/SDIO Stack once a SDIO function
and driver are matched on SDIO Bus.

May you point me where this sdio bus scanning/matching is happening? Is
it mmc_rescan in drivers/mmc/core/core.c ?

Regards,

Lars

This e-mail is the property of Lantronix. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.