How-to use the sdio driver?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Jul 9 11:16:42 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 14:14 -0700, Lars Holowko wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to get to run the libertas SDIO driver to work on an Atmel
> AT91SAM9G20-EK eval board (linux-2.6.30.1).
>
> After an insmod libertas_sdio.ko I see this on the console
>
> libertas_sdio: Libertas SDIO driver
> libertas_sdio: Copyright Pierre Ossman
>
> but obviously if_sdio_probe never gets called (I added a printk there).
>
> Is there anything else I have to do? I looked at
> arch/arm/mach-at91/board-sam9g20ek.c and it looked like the default
> configuration for the GPIO's look ok (I try to use the MCDB* GPIOS).

Load or build the MMC/SDIO stack modules with debugging.  If you don't
see a lot of log spew when the MMC/SDIO modules load, then obviously
libertas won't be able to find your card because the MMC bus doesn't
know about it.  You should also see stuff in /sys/bus/mmc/devices when
the card has actually been found.

Dan