Libertas with if_spi on pxa270

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Jan 26 10:29:51 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 16:58 +0200, Mike Rapoport wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have anybody tried to use 8686 with G-SPI on PXA270?
> I've merged libertas-related changes from wireless-testing tree on top of
> 2.6.29-rc2, added a "libertas_spi" device to my platform code, but all I could
> get from the if_spi was "libertas: Can't read bus mode register." :(

Have you set up the Chip Select stuff correctly for your board (see
gpio_cs in the platform data)?  That seems to be board-dependent and
there's not a good generic way of doing this in the current kernel
sources.

That error is the first error that will get reported when the driver
actually tries to talk to the card, which requires that the Chip Select
stuff be set up correctly.  If you think you've got that already set up,
can you manually inspect whether or not the libertas device has actually
been selected on the board?

Dan