Libertas with if_cs.c on ARM processor

Cyril HAENEL chaenel at free.fr
Thu Jan 22 13:02:14 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am not sure I am on the right place, but I don't know where to ask my
question.

I built a custom board based on the AT91SAM9260 ARM processor. My wifi
card is based on the marvell 8385 chip, and is connected to the
processor with compact flash bus.
The card is detected but the board freeze when I try to load the helper
in the card. The problem comes from the /WAIT signal, after some
read/write on the bus the 8385 put this signal low for ever, and the
processor wait for ever....

I looked in detail on the scope, and I seen that the 8385 put the /wait
signal low when its chip selects CE1 and CE2 are not active !!
So I seen it puts the /wait signal low when /IORD and /IOWR are low.
Because /IORD and /IOWR are multiplexed with other signal on the
AT91SAM9260, it is possible these signals goes low simultaneously. It's
seems the 8385 is affected by this situation, even if it is not
chip-selected.

Is someone have a 8385 cf module working on a AT91SAM926x board ? If
yes, how have you connected these signals ?

Regards,
Cyril

--

Cyril Haenel