Libertas firmware

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Jan 19 11:12:27 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 08:38 -0800, Javier Cardona wrote:
> Dan,
>
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I've gotten the final sign-off to push the following Marvell firmware to
> > the linux-firmware git tree.  We now have standard firmware which we can
> > point the drivers at, and use as a baseline for debugging issues that
> > might be firmware related.
>
> This is fantastic news.  It will greatly simplify the lives of people
> using the driver.
> One question, though: where can we find the full version number for each file?

I can get them, but the numbers I have were for the download tarball
that the firmware was included in, not necessarily for the firmware
itself.  Perhaps that's sufficient.  I can go get those numbers for you
again if you like, but there's not a good way to store the numbers in
the linux-firmware tree except in a lookaside file, which has its own
downsides.  But it's probably useful to have them somewhere.

Dan