Problems with SD8686 SDIO on HTC Shift

Pierre Ossman pierre at ossman.eu
Sat Apr 25 16:07:12 EDT 2009

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 11:56:23 +0200
Sven Barth <svenmauren at vr-web.de> wrote:

> > You're better off adding it to the pci-ids list so that it shows up in
> > lspci. :)
> >
> According to your description, this is exactly what I want. :) How to do?

See here:

http://pciids.sourceforge.net/

> I attached two (compressed) syslog entries (dmesg was too short :P ).
> Both are from the 2.6.24 system. One is using the sd8686-module, the
> other the libertas ones. I hope this will help.

Ah, it seems you've hit the old issue of crappy controllers. Try
applying this on your kernel:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ad3868b2ec96ec14a1549c9e33f5f9a2a3c6ab15

Rgds
--
     -- Pierre Ossman

  WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
  Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
  for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
  encryption.