SDIO probe: Error -84

Simon Twogood stwogood at siconix.com
Tue Nov 4 12:52:09 EST 2008

Hello all, when inserting my Wi2Wi, libertas 8686 based, SDIO card I
more often than not get the message:

   libertas_sdio: Libertas SDIO driver
   libertas_sdio: Copyright Pierre Ossman
   firmware: requesting sd8686_helper.bin
   libertas: failed to load helper firmware
   libertas_sdio: probe of mmc0:0001:1 failed with error -84

I'm using Linux 2.6.27.4 on an Atmel AT91SAM9263, and I have had
success with this card once or twice already, but this error comes up
almost always. I have not been able to determine what error -84 means,
can anyone tell me? I do have the binary firmware and helper inside
of /lib/firmware.

Thanks,
Simon