Support for HostAP?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed May 28 11:03:13 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 10:53 -0400, Dave Kroetsch wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Wondering if there is support to use the Marvell 8385 chipset as an
> access point using the hostap driver, or some other driver?  Has anyone
> had any experience with this?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

There isn't any support in the current libertas driver for AP mode right
now, I think you may need different firmware for that as well, which
nobody seems to have...  The original Marvell reference drivers didn't
contain AP-mode support either, so we didn't have anything to go on.

Are you only interested in the 8385?

Dan