Libertas Driver Locking Kernel

Nick Moszer nick.moszer at packetdigital.com
Wed May 21 16:58:30 EDT 2008

Dan Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 11:21 -0500, Nick Moszer wrote:
>

> Any chance you could try an updated driver?  What's in kernel git right
> now in wireless-testing should be able to be used with 2.6.24 without
> much trouble.  I noticed SendSinglePacket() in your logs, which isn't in
> the upstream sources any more.

Trying wireless-testing as well as the driver from 2.6.25-4 both
resulted in kernel panics from null pointers.
They both popped up running iwconfig, one in lbs_scan_networks (2.6.25)
and the other in lbs_process_command_response(wireless-testing)
I just copied the contents of drivers/net/wireless/libertas into the
2.6.24 svn blackfin kernel,  recompiled and made a few minor fixes.
It wasn't very obvious what was causing either.
> Interesting bits:
>
> Jan  1 00:04:03 blackfin user.warn kernel:
> Jan  1 00:04:10 blackfin user.info kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1:
> transmit timed out
> Jan  1 00:04:10 blackfin user.debug kernel: libertas enter (INT):
> libertas_tx_timeout():583
> Jan  1 00:04:10 blackfin user.err kernel: libertas: tx watch dog timeout
> Jan  1 00:04:10 blackfin user.debug kernel: libertas leave (INT):
> libertas_tx_timeout():604
>
> this could indicate that the card or SDHC crashed or isn't accepting any
> further data or commands.  The libertas driver in the upstream kernel
> tree has a reworking of the command processing and interrupt handling
> that might help here.
>
> Dan

I might just have to wait for these updates to work their way into the
blackfin sources, unless there are other ideas?