weird SDIO interrupt and SDIO mechanism

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Tue May 20 07:02:33 EDT 2008

> Do the USB and CF interface have the same phenomena ?

Not for CF. I only get interrupts for:

* TX packet sent
* RX packet received
* CMD upload done
* CMD response ready
* events, e.g link lost

For example, I have a VNC server on my device now running for 19
minutes (and regularly updating parts of the screen) and so far
I have only about 13500 interrupts:

cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
 86:      13532        GPIO  libertas_cs

Even then i2c controller generates more interrupts here, despite
it being used only to ask for the battery level ...

For USB, this depends on your USB controller. Some USB
controllers (eg. the crappy Cypress SL811HS) generate interrupts
at a rate of 1000 Hz (or was it 100 Hz, not sure) because of the
constant polling needed for the USB protocol.