Difference betwwen linux 2.6.24 and 2.6.25 ?

Johan Adolfsson Johan.Adolfsson at axis.com
Tue May 13 10:48:41 EDT 2008

I'm trying to verify some new hardware that
uses a 88W8686 based SDIO module hardwired to
our chip with a built-in SDHCI compliant SDIO controller
(working properly after some DMA length padding it seems at least)

I can download firmware fine, GET_HW_SPEC
etc. and setting a new MAC address works but when doing an
"iwlist eth1 scan"
i'm stuck.

With linux 2.6.24 I saw some SDIO commands but
a response that failed.
When I tried to just copy the
linux-2.6.25/drivers/net/wireless/libertas
directory to my 2.6.24 tree and built that
everything seems to be fine until the iwlist eth1 scan command
 which says:
eth1   Interface doesn't support scanning : Network is down

I have tried with firmware 8.70.1.p1-26340.P75
(although it says 8.70.8.p1 IIRC so I may have a type somewhere)
and 9.70.3.p25-26409.P46

Did some workaround around the DATA_RATE command not supported
by those firmwares and I still get some
libertas: PREP_CMD: command 0x00a3 failed: 2 with th 2.6.25 driver
CMD_MESH_CONFIG is not mentioned in th v9.0 Firmware
specification doc I have and it didn't seem to matter when looking
at the code or did I miss some important spot where the driver bails
out?

Any hints?

Best regards
/Johan