ARM, SDIO over SPI & 88W8686 firmware loading issue

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 10:09:28 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 09:05 +0100, Arthur Mielimonka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thank you for your answer. I tried another way (adapting the interface of the libertas driver to work on spi instead of sdio.
> Actually the wlan adapter I use provides both a sdio and a spi interface (Embedded Works WM-G-MR-05).
> But I also have the problem that I do not have the SPI firmware & specification from Marvell.

Yeah, you'd need to get G-SPI firmware from Marvell first, and then the
process is different depending on whether you have single stage or
two-stage firmware.  Take a look at section 2.2.1.3 of the available 5.1
firmware spec for some details, though Holger quickly found out with CF
that the spec isn't quite detailed enough.  The same procedure in
section 2.2.1.3 of the 5.1 spec should work for the 8686/8688 in G-SPI
mode as well.

I don't think anyone would say no to a G-SPI driver patch.

Dan