ioread/write problem

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Mon Mar 17 04:22:47 EDT 2008

> So I'm sure this quite the right forum to ask this, but maybe
> someone here has some ideas which might help me.  In bringing
> up my mv8385 CF module, I've had to update the ioread/write
> functions in if_cs.c to include a udelay(1) between ALL
> ioread/write/rep calls.

The right forum would be the mailing-list for your processor's
architecture. E.g. if you have an ARM bases processor (this
includes Intel XScale, Marvell XScale, some Samsungs etc), go to
the mailing list at http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/mailinglists/

The udelay(1) is ugly, probably a WMB() (write memory barrier) is
better.

It might even be a hardware problem --- or a setup problem of the
memory controller. E.g. on Intel PXA 2xx, which I happen to
know, you have various extra registers that tune delays and pin
functions for the PCMCIA interface. Those registers are
different to the normal memory-mapped I/O devices.