Problems loading firmware with libertas 8686-sdio on Raon Everun

Bill Gribble grib at billgribble.com
Fri Jun 6 11:55:42 EDT 2008

Holger Schurig <hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de> writes:
> Please use the mailing list archive [1] and read yourself
> throught the SDIO related e-mails. For me (a non SDIO-user) it
> seems that almost everyone has an SDIO firmware issue. Maybe
> reading the threads in the archive can help you.

Thanks for your reply.  I did read through the archives prior to my
message, and you're right!  Lots of people have problems with SDIO
firmware.

While I do look ahead with some trepidation to the problems I might face
with the firmware once I get it loaded, I think the problem I'm
reporting is really a precursor to that.  I cannot get the 8686 to even
completely load the helper firmware, much less boot it, still less
actually get to the point where I have a network device!

So, as far as I can tell, the version of my firmware is irrelevant,
because it's not getting loaded.

> Also, can you provide the filesize and md5sum of your firmwares?
> Then people here can say if they have the same as you ... or if
> you have a different one.

Sure, happy to.  These files were provided to me by the manufacturer.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 114268 Jan  9 14:42 sd8686.bin
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   2140 Jan  9 14:42 sd8686_helper.bin

17c0fd9feb4c167d511d8ba153be75ce  sd8686.bin
7e9e249c0f9261209ce65345a7d6ea22  sd8686_helper.bin

Thanks,
Bill Gribble