Questions on libertas driver

Ihar Hrachyshka ihar.hrachyshka at promwad.com
Thu Jan 31 08:53:09 EST 2008

> Hi all,
>
> I finally solved all my problems and now libertas driver works on my
> BF537 processor (blackfin arch).
> I followed this procedure :
>
> I downloaded the last libertas tree version, on
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git;a=tree;f=drivers/net/wireless/libertas;h=5acf0f79b8fec9e41e17973e23c4ce11c40dfd59;hb=everything
> I dowloaded every file one by one using the "raw" link.
>
> I replaced all compare_ether_addr() functions call by a memcmp() of 6
> bytes.
>
> In fact the function compare_ether_addr()  gets 2 u8 pointers in
> parameters, but converts it in u16 pointers to do 3 u16 comparaison
> instead of 6 u8 comparaison....
> When the first byte of the parameters is not 16 bits aligned (not on
> even address), the blackfin hang up and generate a kernel panic
> (misaligned data access).
>
> With the last driver version, the "tx timeout" problem I got with a
> previous driver version doesn't appear anymore...
>
> I made a script to dowload a 10Mo file on internet every 10s, and it
> worked without error during 2 days. So now I think the driver is
> stable for my use.
>
> Regards,
> Cyril

Look here:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/libertas-dev/2008-January/thread.html
for patches in "libertas: fix memory alignment problems on the
blackfin" thread. These patches at least should fix your problems with
compare_ether_addr(). Mine blackfin board works with libertas Wifi OK
with them.

--
Ihar Hrachyshka
Software Developer