8686 with SDIO on AT91SAM9263

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 18:19:01 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 19:20 +0100, Hans J. Koch wrote:
> I made some progress in my attempts to make a Marvell 8686 work on an
> AT91SAM9263 board. I use latest netdev-2.6.25 plus a patch that solves
> the modulo-4-problem of the AT91 MCI driver. That patch was recently
> posted by Marc Pignat on linux-arm-kernel ML.
>
> ATM, firmware is downloaded without problems. But after that, it hangs
> somewhere in libertas core code. The last thing I see is:
>
> libertas: 00:19:88:05:1c:53, fw 8.73.7p3, cap 0x00000393
> libertas: Command 28 timed out
> libertas: requeueing command 28 due to timeout (#1)
>
> This is somewhere in lbs_setup_firmware(), called from lbs_start_card()
> in libertas/main.c.
>
> Could somebody tell me what the above messages mean?
> Are there any other users of similar hardware out there?

It means that the firmware did not respond to the command in the time
the driver expected it to.  Command 0x0028 is CMD_MAC_CONTROL, which is
probably coming from lbs_set_mac_packet_filter(), which is called from
libertas_setup_firmware().

You might want to print out the value of priv->currentpacketfilter when
lbs_set_mac_packet_filter() gets called.  Would be interesting to find
out the value of it.

Dan