[RFC] cf rework to fix locking issues

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Feb 29 07:07:22 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 10:52 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> A while ago I reworked the CF flow to match that of the SDIO and USB
> drivers with respect to interrupt handling and callbacks into the core.
> This was in response to locking issues reported by Holger.

Hm. I have a distinct recollection of wanting to do the opposite. I
wanted to fix the SDIO and USB version to match CF, because of the way
they can lose interrupt notifications.

If you get two interrupts in quick succession, you store the cause of
the first one in a static buffer... then store the cause of the second
one over the top of it, and lose the first. IIRC.

Or perhaps I misremember?

--
dwmw2