iMX31 and 88W8686 SDIO module

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Wed Apr 30 02:53:02 EDT 2008

> I couldn't find this spec on the mailing-list archive, do you
> have the pointer ?

There's a link on

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/libertas

Search for "Firmware specification and Errata".

Note that Marvell didn't get the concept of open-source really.
So there is no support from Marvell towards the linux community,
e.g. we don't get updated manuals. The above document leaked via
a mailing list. I'm quite sure that their sales and executive
people still don't know how helpful this was for the linux
community ... and in the long run for their sales!

So, if ever Intel makes an embedded WIFI device (e.g. CF and
SDIO), I'd go with Intel. They are *WAY* better towards the open
source community.