Scanning problem for hidden SSIDs

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Sat Jun 23 10:50:12 EDT 2007

> Since it's apparently GPL, feel free to borrow pieces.  Though I'd be
> very reluctant to borrow the firmware-in-a-file from cf8385.h, I'd
> rather see that in a binary that gets loaded with request_firmware()
> like you're already doing.

I agree. I already have a libertas-fwcutter.c program in the SVN project
at linuxtogo.org. This program (similar to the bcm43xx-fwcutter) can
select a firmware from a binary driver (e.g. binary-only driver), check
the MD5 and extract it.

Maybe I add code there so that the fwcutter can use the source *.h files
to create the binary, loadable image. That would be nice because the
current firmware is from a binary 5.0.11 driver, and the firmware in
the GPL driver is 5.0.16.