Marvell 88w8385 wlan adapter association problem, no AP details in scan

prabhakar prabhakar at embeddedwireless.com
Wed Jun 20 19:16:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am porting ambicom-marvell 88w8385 wlan adapter host network driver from linux
to pSOSystems. The original linux version host driver is getting all
available Access Points details with scan request and getting associated
with AP also, but my modified ported driver is not getting any AP details
when it sends the scan request. But if i check the packets in the air with
packet capture tool(wireshark), i could see the probe request from adapter
and probe responses from  AP. What could be the problem? is probe response
really comming inside firmware and firmware is not sending to host network
driver? or firmware itself not receiving the probe response packets?

I have tried the association also, but i am getting the status code as 2 in
the response. I tried many times these test cases. but the result is same.

Please anybody help me to solve this problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Prabhakar.