libertas_sdio on at91sam9263

Marc Pignat marc.pignat at hevs.ch
Tue Dec 18 05:39:00 EST 2007

Hi!

On Tuesday 18 December 2007, Hans-Jürgen Koch wrote:
> I have a board very similar to the AT91SAM9263-EK evaluation kit.
> There's a 8686 soldered on the board, connected to MMC1, slot A. ATM,
> I'm using netdev-2.6.25, but I get similar effects with other recent
> kernels.

The current version of the at91_mci driver doesn't handle data transfer when
size%4 != 0.
The size of all data xfer should be rounded up to a multiple of 4 bytes.

Please note that the at91_mci driver can be fixed for at91sam series, but
not for at91rm9200... I think the better way is to always round data transfer
size, this will introduce a very small overhead, but the libertas_sdio driver
will work with more sd hosts.

> Any ideas what I could try next to debug this?
try enabling debug in the libertas driver and disable it in the mmc/sd stack.
I think there is a timing problem when downloading the firmware, if there
is a lot of printk, the firmware upload will fail...

Regards

Marc