rtap mode.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Dec 12 10:23:26 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 09:31 +0100, Holger Schurig wrote:
> And now it turns out that you cannot actually use monitoring
> while the interface is up. So shouldn't we now drop "echo 1
> >/sys/XXX/rtap" interface, too?

Hopefully, the firmware can be made to process the control frames and
then pass them up to the USB host afterwards, rather than doing strictly
one _or_ the other.

If that turns out not to be possible, then yes -- we can rip out the
sysfs thing and switch back to 'iwconfig eth1 mode monitor'.

If that doesn't happen, then the /sys/class/ethX/lbs_rtap thing is going
to change to cfg80211 some time soon anyway.

--
dwmw2