Linville update wireless-2.6/everything

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Tue Dec 4 10:48:19 EST 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 03:21:32PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:

> > Dan ACKed those patches -- why shouldn't they have been merged?
> > Aren't your patches going on top of them?
>
> I don't have patches. I use git.

Tomato, tomato...  Ok, there is some difference -- it just doesn't
matter in most cases -- only for a "clean pull".

> My git commits are going on top of Holgers commits, yes. Commits such as
> 6591e36a1c52445f95f26738394909ee9bf94390 for example.
>
> But when that change was in your wireless tree and was considered a
> 'patch', I believe it was actually a _different_ commit. So I couldn't
> just base my git tree on it.

FWIW I haven't rebased 'everything' yet, although I do plan to rebase
on -rc4 soon.

> I _thought_ we'd agreed on IRC that I would commit such changes myself,
> and they would be in the libertas-2.6.git tree. And you wouldn't commit
> them separately to another tree. Perhaps I misunderstood.

I don't really see the conflict.  It just seems to me that the pain
is all mine -- when you are done I pull your tree, figure-out which
commits are new, and reapply them on top of whatever is current.
What is the big deal?

John
--
John W. Linville