Linville update wireless-2.6/everything

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 09:54:45 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 14:49 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 15:36 +0100, Holger Schurig wrote:
> > wireless-2.6/everything now contains all patches from me that Dan
> > acked.
>
> Argh.
>
> John, please could you hold off on applying libertas patches. We're
> putting put them in the libertas git tree. You can pull that into a
> 'libertas' branch of your own tree, if you want them to end up in your
> 'everything' branch. Please don't rebase (even when you incorporate
> stuff into the 'everything' branch); just pull.

I'd rather john _not_ hold off.  If you based your work off
wireless-2.6/everything, this wouldn't happen.  Note that if you base
off linus upstream, you'll _STILL_ have to cherry-pick the namespace
patch and a bunch more that are already queued up for 2.6.25.  You can't
really use linus upstream without a lot more work on your part.  I'm
happy to help _backport_ the patch to olpc-2.6, but I'm not going to
happy to help forward port from the pre-lbs-namespace change to the
lbs-namespace change.

Dan