Kernel crash on loading libertas driver

Marcelo Tosatti marcelo at kvack.org
Thu Jul 20 09:39:48 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 08:00:45PM -0400, Mauricio A. Araya López wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using kernel patches from Marcelo's git tree, to get support
> for the Marvell Wlan chip on an OLPC Test-A board. I have some
> problems with the .config, and I get this error while booting.
>
> usb 1-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
> usb 1-4: Product: MARVELL Wireless Device
> usb 1-4: Manufacturer: Marvell
> usb 1-4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> drivers/usb/cire/urb.c: BOGUS urb flags, 40 --> 0
> usbcore: deregistering driver usb8xxx
>
> And all USB system fails, getting the system stalled... which is fatal
> in this case because all input devices (keyboard, mouse) and usb-storage
> devices fails with it.

Hi Mauricio,

Disable CONFIG_USB_DEBUG for now to get the driver working.

Someone needs to investigate the problem: USB core dislikes
URB_ZERO_PACKET flag for bulk pipes. Such flag is set to send a final
zero packet to finish the transfer.

Now I have no idea if such packet is needed by some host controllers, or
simply unnecessary.

Thanks!