[LEDE-DEV] Board specific Kconfig?

Jonas Gorski jonas.gorski at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 01:56:54 PST 2018

Hi,

On 22 January 2018 at 07:16, perillamint <perillamint at gentoo.moe> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently porting LEDE(wait, OpenWRT now?) on Intel Galileo.
>
> Since not every Intel Quark board has GPIO multiplexer chips like
> Galileo, I think I have to separate board specific components into
> separate Kconfig and keep platform Kconfig clean.
>
> Is there any documentation about this kind of work available?

There is intentionally no support for board specific kernel config
support. This allows all boards of a (sub)target to share the kernel
and modules. Also OpenWrt supports building for multiple boards at the
same time, which would be broken by this.

If you don't want to create a subtarget per board (which wouldn't be
acceptable if you plan to submit), your options are:

1) building the GPIO multiplexer driver as a module and selectively
including it in the board's specific packages list
2) Deciding that the driver is small enough and have it included in
the kernel for all boards regardless if needed

Regards
Jonas