[LEDE-DEV] [OpenWrt-Devel] patchwork

Piotr Dymacz pepe2k at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 00:28:05 PST 2018

Hi Val,

On 19.01.2018 02:02, Val Kulkov wrote:
> On 18 January 2018 at 19:49, Alberto Bursi <bobafetthotmail at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 01/19/2018 01:05 AM, Val Kulkov wrote:
>>>
>>> There is more than a handful of PRs currently bit-rotting in
>>> openwrt/packages that are ready for merging, with all requested
>>> changes in place since many months ago. Auto-closing such PRs will
>>> offend the contributors who would see their effort go down the drain
>>> only because no one in the LEDE/OpenWrt community had the time to
>>> review and merge their PRs.
>>

>> Github has "labels" for PRs, so I think such timeout should look for "needs changes" label or something like that.
>>
>> See this PR https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/655 (on the right, the red label)
>>
>> -Alberto
>
> Problem is, the "Change requested" label does not necessarily mean
> that the requested changes have not been implemented by the
> contributors.

At least for me, the problem is that GitHub doesn't notify when the PR
is changed (for example author force pushes some changes). I usually ask
authors to ping me (using @username) in a separate comment in PR when
the requested changes are made.

> There have been cases where a PRs gets labelled with "Change
> requested", then the contributor makes all changes as requested, and
> then nothing happens for many months because no one among members with
> write privileges has the time to review and merge the PR.

Agree, it happens. Maybe the script John is working on could help here
reminding reviewer/s.

--
Cheers,
Piotr