[LEDE-DEV] dnsmasq-full should deselect dnsmasq

Eric Luehrsen ericluehrsen at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 19:00:46 PDT 2017

On 05/02/2017 02:22 PM, Andrew McConachie wrote:

> On 5/2/17 10:13, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>>> When selecting package dnsmasq-full from make menuconfig I believe it
>>> should deselect package dnsmasq.
>> this is not easily solvable within the current Kconfig framework and
>> most likely a "won't fix" item in the foreseeable future.
>>
>> ~ Jo
>
> Hi Jo,
>
> How then should my package depend on dnsmasq-full? If it's not possible
> to de-select a package as a consequence of selecting another package,
> then how can there be packages that provide the same files?
>
> Perhaps this is another stupid question, but what's the point of having
> a package like dnsmasq-full if it cannot be DEPENDed upon?
>
> --Andrew

Within the build tools there appears to be a construct for a single
package, but with options that are selectable (for conditional compile
or otherwise). Maybe dnsmasq Makefile should be redone for this method.
I am not sure if it fixes the dependency issues. However, should
multiple packages provide the "same-different" files is a good question.