[LEDE-DEV] procd: cherry-pick fixes into lede-17.01 branch

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Tue Jun 20 09:19:42 PDT 2017

Hi Florian,

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 09:00:30AM -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> On 06/20/2017 08:58 AM, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in principle I do not have any objections but I am not sure if we should really backport the sysupgrade changes yet. Are we sure that thestaged sysupgrade works as intended and was it properly tested?
>
> Based on the list that Daniel provided it seems to me like he is
> actually excluding the staged upgrade changes from his cherry-pick list
> unless I read that wrong.

No, you are right. I excluded everything sysupgrade-related and the
instance no-autostart feature. And the modprobe path wasn't changed on
lede-17.01 which also excludes the corresponding changed from procd.
This list are basically only bug-fixes with the exception of the the
board_name addition to ubus call system board -- this is needed for
the to-be-implemented auto-updater and I see it as a high-level bug
that the board_name wasn't part of the original API.

Cheers

Daniel