[LEDE-DEV] LEDE-17.01 Final Release Notes available

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 12:56:23 PST 2017

Hi Jaap,

> On Jan 28, 2017, at 6:36 AM, Jaap Buurman <jaapbuurman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Great job on the release notes! One minor thing that I think looks
> nicer would be the removal of "nothing specific" after "improved
> performance", since it adds no additional information. But that's just
> me.

Thanks for the kind words. I left "nothing specific" there as an attempt to lure people into writing something. :-) I would expect to remove that text for the final version.

Note to other readers: I have not been following all the LEDE enhancements carefully. Please do check the Release Notes to make sure that your hard work has been represented fairly. Check out: https://lede-project.org/playground/draft-release-notes

> Also about the following: "Improvements to the WiFi stack eliminating
> bufferbloat on ath9k (and some ath10k) chipsets"
>
> Is this about the Airtime Fairness Patch? AFAIK this is only for ath9k
> and not for ath10k? Or am I mixing things up here?

I am not sure. I was hoping someone who has been following this more closely would weigh in.

> While're talking about 17.01 anyway when are the first RCs coming out btw? :)

jow just clarified the situation for the naming of directories and image files. In that note, he also said that just switched the buildbot to produce tagged rc1 builds, so I imagine they will come out soon.