[LEDE-DEV] netifd: "bridge: disable IGMP snooping by default"

Daniel Dickinson lede-daniel at cshore.thecshore.com
Sat Jan 21 11:44:09 PST 2017

On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 03:50:50 +0000
Eric Luehrsen <ericluehrsen at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dave,
>
> May I quote you for pull requests to achieve "dnsmasq: make DHCPv6
> work in standalone dnsmasq installation":
> https://github.com/lede-project/source/pull/704
> https://github.com/lede-project/source/pull/674

Is there any interest / any effort to use the ISC DHCP server instead
of either dnsmasq and/or odhcpd on bigger devices?  Certainly one of my
back burner projects has the been the whole 'maximum user choice'
thing with things like being able to use the same configs with one's
preferred DNS/DHCP as well as the GNU coreutils and other 'full'
commands instead of busybox for that that wish it.  Basically where
there are other options in open source, allowing users to choose their
poison (since no one solution is perfect for all situations).  Ideally
one could also substitute systemd or openrc.d for procd based init if
one so chooses.  Basically instead of LEDE/OpenWrt being a
one-size-fits-all solution, I'd like to see it be more a build system
that allows you to choose your solutions. (Which is what LEDE name
implies vs. a distribution; LEDE/OpenWrt as a distribution is a
particular set of choices in my view and is actually a separate
project).

Regards,

Daniel