[LEDE-DEV] Adding new targets/subtargets

Felix Fietkau nbd at nbd.name
Mon Jan 2 14:06:50 PST 2017

On 2017-01-02 19:36, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Right, this is why I’m trying to create a new target (or subtarget)
> called “xeon” which is optimized for Xeon targets and leverages the
> on-chip crypto-accelerators.
>
> We’ve come a long way since the Athalon-64 (k8) in 2004.
I think it should be easily possible to enable the crypto accelerator
support by default, it probably gets enabled only on CPUs that actually
support it.

If you still want to add a subtarget to use different CFLAGS, you need
to prove (with hard numbers) that it has a meaningful impact and is more
than just a potentially pointless micro-optimization.

- Felix