[LEDE-DEV] replacing mountd with blockd - looking for testers

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Mon Feb 27 03:23:49 PST 2017

On 02/27/2017 11:48 AM, John Crispin wrote:

> dont get this, why is a kernel patch required ?

That's how I saw some of such NAS stock firmwares (and some Debian/Arch
for ARM targeting those devices) do.
Someone patched the sata driver (and the kernel) to create a "sata
activity on port X" trigger that will show disk activity on "sata port
X" (devices that have at least 2 sata ports, usually have a sata led per
disk)

The Sata led trigger from upstream will trigger on ANY activity on Sata,
so it's not useful to drive more than one Sata led.

> * off - no device attached
> * on - device attached
> * blink - device mounted

Hm, better than nothing.

I think the above led behaviours should be user-configurable though.

-Alberto