[LEDE-DEV] imx6: fail to start IBSS link

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Fri Feb 17 07:44:53 PST 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 6:22 AM, Koen Vandeputte
<koen.vandeputte at ncentric.com> wrote:
> Hi Felix,
> Hi Tim,
>
> commit "imx6: move to Linux 4.9 kernel" introduces some regression on wlan
> level.
>

> When starting wpa_supplicant to initiate an IBSS link, the handshake fails.
> Inspecting it reveals that no data packets are transceived (both TX & RX).
>
> Beacon frames seem to come in, as scanning for networks using wavemon works.
>

> I've tested using a plain native LEDE:    (version tested:
> 53f5d59fa17049d94a3992d1067ded1fa90f61f8)
> - Building it for imx6 triggers the regression.
> - Only reverting the commit above fixes it.
>

> I'll try to dig a bit deeper what is causing this, but please don't remove
> support for kernel 4.4 yet for this target.
>

> I'll submit a ticket in FS later on if required.

Koen,

Can you try to disable MSI? I've seen issues with it in the past for
IMX6 and I typically leave it disabled as it doesn't buy us anything
and can instead hurt performance. If I recall, I think its now
'required' by the IMX6 PCIe driver so it may take a kernel change to
disable it. Other than that, how does mainline 4.9 behave and what
card/chipset are you using?

Tim