[LEDE-DEV] impressed by progress on odhcpd and procd and elsewhere.

Stijn Tintel stijn at linux-ipv6.be
Sat Feb 11 22:11:16 PST 2017

On 10-02-17 18:11, Dave Taht wrote:
> About the biggest request from the field seems to be supplying RA and
> dhcpv6 dns on a more real IPv6 address than fe80 to make android users
> happier (https://github.com/dtaht/dnsmasq-lede/issues/11).
Is this only a problem for Android users? I ran into a bug a couple of
times where dnsmasq simply did not reply to queries sent to IPv6
link-local addresses. I had this problem on my ERLs, it went away at
some point, then it came back, and while testing now, it seems to work
fine again. So unfortunately I have no idea why it happened, but that is
the only reason I configured a non-ULA DNS server on these devices.

It wasn't really a problem on my Linux clients, but using Android with
IPv6 DNS servers that don't reply just isn't usable, even if the IPv4
DNS servers work just fine. Each connection attempt had a ~12 second
delay or so.

Stijn