[LEDE-DEV] impressed by progress on odhcpd and procd and elsewhere.

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:11:17 PST 2017

Hans, jow, blogic, everybody...

I have been pulling lede-head stuff and starting to build lede again
(for the first time in 3 years), but I'd given up on the ipv6
issues[1].

After reviewing odhcpd/procd/etc latest git commits today, I'm impressed.

My intent is to return to testing a few things this weekend - using
odhcpd as the default... if it is "ready enough"?

0) More wifi ATF work at scale (adding ipv6 back in as a first class test)
0.1) cake profiling

1) IPv6 & comcast
2) 6rd on sonic fiber
3) DHCPv6-PD from an internal router to edgerouters and to lede
4) Poking at multicast (uftpd flooding, primarily, but also babeld and mdns)

About the biggest request from the field seems to be supplying RA and
dhcpv6 dns on a more real IPv6 address than fe80 to make android users
happier (https://github.com/dtaht/dnsmasq-lede/issues/11).

Please let me know what I can best do to help, not be noisy, and stay
out of the way, and yet be useful.

Thanks for jumping all over these issues!

[1] And ranting. TL;DR - https://github.com/dtaht/libv6 I am painfully
aware of how much ipv6 can suck.

--
Dave Täht