[LEDE-DEV] dnsmasq make DHCPv6 viable for standalone dnsmasq install

Eric Luehrsen ericluehrsen at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 19:30:26 PST 2017

I just rebuilt LEDE trunk on TL-WDR3600 with dnsmasq-full and odhcpd
excluded. I also rebuilt LEDE trunk on TL-Archer-C7 which runs
odhcpd+Unbound instead. The Archer is the internet gateway. The WDR is
subnet from the Archer. The laptop sending this email is a client of the
WDR. We have DHCP-PD to the laptop (until odhcpd flakes out and kills
that route). The static ULA-domains and routes work [fd00::] around this
and I can connect IP6 to any device in the network upstream or
downstream. dnsmasq is handing out RA and DHCPv6 to the laptop.

Cabel -> Modem -> Archer (AP) -> WiFi -> (Client) WDR -> Wire -> Laptop

If you build LEDE nearly default and later disable odhcpd, then don't
forget to stop odhcpd or reboot the router. odhcpd will hold the port
(547/548) and dnsmasq will not be able to obtain it.