[LEDE-DEV] License for DTS files

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 03:29:35 PST 2017

In LEDE we have quite a lot of DTS files that hasn't been upstreamed.
They often contain no licensing info.

Upstream Linux maintainers prefer/require clear BSD-compatible
license, see e.g.:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/5/4/707

Some people may not agree such files are copyrightable at all, but
most of us are not layers (including upstream maintainers) so it's
probably just easier to specify some license and be done with it.

Could we require/ask new DTS files added to LEDE project to use
BSD-compatible license? This would help upstreaming code if someone
decides to do that.

--
Rafał