[LEDE-DEV] Documentation for router support means the famous Table of Hardware

Thomas Endt tmo26 at gmx.de
Thu Sep 15 12:10:59 PDT 2016

> von Alberto Bursi
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. September 2016 00:44
> I think techinfodepot is going to be more cooperative with this plan
> than wikidevi, although wikidevi is already queryable somehwhat so
> extracting data would work.

>From a PM:
"I believe that DarkShadow the creator of TechInfoDepot is in the process of
entering all of the data into WikiDevi and plans to discontinue
TechInfoDepot when the process is complete.  You can see some of the
progress by looking at Recent changes on WikiDevi."

> For an expansion into the NAS area (an area where LEDE is still not
> really that present atm), it might be considered to do a similar thing
> with NAS Central, which seems to have a similar wiki about most NAS
> hardware http://www.nas-central.org/wiki/Main_Page

Another good idea to put on the list.

> But I also think that this isn't a top priority for now, the work
> needed to get this working should be done later, when the wiki is more
> or less in shape about documentation and tutorials.
> Really I think documentation and tutorials are the top priority (as
> they are in the worst shape overall), hardware database is decent as-
> is.

Agreed.
The hardware DB is the easiest to carry over, however, it will require some
work to do it right. More about this when the wiki is set up.

Thomas