[LEDE-DEV] A Wiki for LEDE Documentation

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Thu Sep 15 12:08:29 PDT 2016

On 15/09/2016 20:52, Thomas Endt wrote:
>> von John Crispin
>> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. September 2016 07:20
>
>> if you need a strong leader to tell you what you can(not) do,
>> then you are in the wrong place buddy.
>
> I think the reason for asking the devs about their approval or at least
> their opinion was just respect. In the absence of any other guideline and if
> you are polite, you just ask, before doing anything.
>

>> consider the core team as
>> members of the community that have just been around for a long time and
>> played a big role in some part of the project.
>
> Thank you for this clear statement. Also thanks to Jow for his clear
> statement.
>
> Short summary:
>
> - The wiki is community driven.
> - The devs are equal members of the community.
> - There is no special approval of the devs necessary for wiki content,
> appearance, ...
> - If the community (which the devs are part of) objects to some content,
> appearance, whatever in the wiki, it can be discussed and possibly changed
> to a better.
>

> That is what the engaged people in the OpenWrt wiki were looking for: A
> clear statement.
>
>> the problem is
>> that people tend to sit around, not get involved and use the "the
>> leader gave no orders" excuse to legitimate their silence.
>
> Well, at least there was the attempt to start a conversation. Can you
> imagine how frustrating it can be to get no answer at all? No yes, no no, no
> maybe?
>
> Anyways, we have a direction now. The past is behind us, the future before
> us.
> It will be as good as the community can make it.
>
> Thomas

alberto reminded "the leaders" that they cannot ignore others after jow
had already replied so just thought it might be good to explain why the
reply took a bit and why from my POV there is no compulsory involvement
in every detail of every discussion. maybe you misunderstood me. i was
trying to emphasize that personally i think this discussion is going the
right way without a centralized "leader". the only thing i would like to
see is that the wiki whatever it will look like runs on the lede infra.

	John