[LEDE-DEV] A Wiki for LEDE Documentation

Aaron Z aczlan+ledev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 17:17:43 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Bill Moffitt <bmoffitt at ayrstone.com> wrote:
> I'll throw out another candidate: Twiki (twiki.org).
> I have used it, I wasn't crazy about it, but it had some nice features. And
> I cannot say with certainty how it would map into our use for LEDE.
If going that route, IMO we should use Foswiki as one of the original
Twiki devs took over the Twiki project and declared himself
"benevolent dictator for life" (causing Foswiki to be forked from
Twiki). For the gory details, see:
https://foswiki.org/About.WhyThisFork

I have used Twiki and it is not bad to work with, looking at the
comparison on http://www.wikimatrix.org/compare/DokuWiki+Foswiki+Oddmuse+Tiki-Wiki-CMS-Groupware
it
looks to be very similar to DokuWiki, just using different symbols to
do the markup.

Aaron Z