[LEDE-DEV] New device: Two USB ports, only one USB activity LED

J Mo jmomo at jmomo.net
Fri Sep 2 04:42:55 PDT 2016

Greetings

I have a new device I am working on and it has two USB ports but only
one USB activity LED.

Right now the LED works the way I like with one of the USB ports, but
not the other port. I would like for the LED to go active and/or blink
when there is activity from either port.

Anyone know how to do this? Example devices? I think I'm just
overlooking something.

My DTS looks like this:

         gpio-leds {
                 compatible = "gpio-leds";

                 usb {
                         label = "tew827dru:blue:usb";
                         gpios = <&qcom_pinmux 7 1>;
                         default-state = "off";
                 };

And I have the following in my /etc/board.d/01_leds file:

case "$board" in
tew827dru)
         ucidef_set_led_usbdev "usb2" "USB2" "tew827dru:blue:usb" "2-1"
         ucidef_set_led_usbdev "usb4" "USB4" "tew827dru:blue:usb" "4-1"
         ;;